Saturday 14 April 2012

Building The New Emu's Upcycled Studio

After moving into a temporary studio I have finally after 6 months in the planning moved into my new studio, which I designed to suit my needs. But the best bit the whole rebuild only cost me the price of wood stain as I used nothing but recycled items to create a great working space.




    My Husband and Son helping to paint the studio                                                 All finished


View from the door of the studio and my desk that I have had since I was 16 years old, shelves made from recycled wood 




Storage has always been a big thing as I like things to be organised so I re-used an old bathroom shelving unit and some old wood to create shelves. 







I also used the walls to create great shelving by running some recycled wood across gapes and underneath to store my books ect.... They work really well as they are just deep enough to hold everything in place.






I have loads of little pieces of fabric which I can never find in my fabric bin so I hung some string up and pegged the small pieces up on it. not only do they add color but also I now find it so much easier to put my hands on the small pieces of fabric.




My Grandmothers old chair takes pride of place in the studio next to the door. I sit here and design while the sun comes shinning in through the door. My children also love sitting on the chair with all their teddies while I work.




 I decorated the studio with hand made bunting made from recycled 1950's bed cover and some recycled fabric.





                I love the way the studio turned out and its a great bright space to work in. 


xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment